What is Fiverr?
It is a digital platform where people from anywhere in the world can sell or buy products and services, in other words, it is a Freelance employment platform.
Founded in 2010 by two Israeli entrepreneurs, Fiverr has become one of the most popular portals worldwide thanks to the large number of professionals and services it offers.
But, how profitable can Fiverr be?
Well, from our point of view, as freelancers, Fiverr can be an excellent option to advertise your services and earn additional income for a variety of reasons:
- To create your profile as a seller you do not need to pay any membership or subscription fee.
- Once you have completed your profile as a seller, you can create your first publication or ‘gig’ to offer your services (A new profile has up to 5 gigs).
- One of the features that differentiates Fiverr from other similar portals, is that once you have created your profile as a seller, it is the clients who come to you with a specific requirement, according to your skills.
- Another important point is that if one of your gigs has potential, Fiverr can assign you the “emerging talent” badge, which will give you greater exposure for a certain period of time.
- It has a myriad of product and service categories available, so if you’re good at something, you’re bound to find one where your type of work fits perfectly.
- Getting positive ratings at the end of each job can help you level up, which in theory will ensure greater exposure.
However, it is also important to keep in mind a few factors when working with Fiverr:
- Being such a popular platform, you may notice that the cost for simple or complex jobs can be quite low.
- The commission percentage that is applied (including the tips you may receive from your clients), is 20%.
- Initially, payment for the service cannot be withdrawn until 14 days after delivery, as this is the guarantee time given to the buyer.
- It is common that clients can hire your services without having established a previous contact, this can represent a problem, since if the requirement does not fit, the cancellation of the project can negatively affect your rating.
In summary, Fiverr can be a good option for publicizing your services and earning additional income, but it’s important to consider both its advantages and disadvantages in order to make an informed decision. If you are looking for a way to freelance and you have specific skills that may be valuable to others, Fiverr is definitely worth a try. We ourselves have our profile available which you can access from this link.
Thank you for reading, until next time.